So about a week or so ago, I saw my friend Stacy posting about this certain award. While I normally shy away from these types of posts, I figured it would be nice to join the bandwagon so I’d have something to write on this blog. The problem? No one really tagged me. And no, it wasn’t Stacy’s fault. I think she would’ve tagged me if she were to tag people. She was just really busy, so the chain ended there. Still, I was planning to post about it. Masyado bang feeler? But, an angel suddenly came out of nowhere to save me from my supposedly shameless act. Yesterday, I was officially given the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you, lovely Luna!
So, what’s the Sunshine Blogger Award? It’s basically similar to a chain letter, a way for bloggers to get to know more about each other. But I still think of it as an “award” from a fellow blogger. Teehee!
I was given the Sunshine Blogger Award by Luna of Of Bows and Frills, and here are the rules if you get tagged.
1. Post a picture of the Sunshine Blogger Award
2. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you
5. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel bring sunshine to the blogging world, and let them know about your post
6. Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
So now that the first and second on the list are out of the way, let me go to the next one… Oh, and here’s a random photo of me from way back when. Just to keep things interesting. Please don’t shun me for this act of vanity.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m short.
I only stand either 5″ flat or 5’1. This is why wearing wedges and heels are must-do for me!
- I have OCD with blogging.
I feel so bothered when the photos and texts on my posts aren’t aligned. Even with the paragraphs, they have to look balanced. (As in ayoko ng may sabit na words sa last line.) It’s probably why I spend so much time making a single blog post. Btw, here’s a picture to better explain this.
- I was always mistaken as older when I was in high school.
I dunno if I really look older than I am (despite being short and petite back then), but back when I was 14 to 16, I’d always be mistaken as someone already over 20 years old! >__<
- I easily get tired of interests/hobbies.
Or rather, I have varying interests but not enough enthusiasm. And when I get “in the zone” with one of them, I tend to do “that particular hobby” more often and forget about the others. I used to have these phases:
- online games (2003-2005)
- guitar-playing (late 2005)
- blogging (2006)
- cosplaying (late 2006-2008)
- singing in a JPOP/J-ROCK band (early 2008)
- model-modelan (late 2008)
- voice acting (2009)
- doing Japanese and Korean song covers on Youtube (2008, 2010, 2013)
- blogging again (2011-present)
- health and fitness (2014-present).
- I have very bad eyesight.
I don’t wear glasses just to look hipster. I have -4.20 grade for both eyes, and I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 10. If I don’t wear either my glasses or my contact lenses, I only see abstract blobs of colors.
- I can’t eat white squash (upo), okra, bitter melon and pancit bihon.
Give me innards, insects or other things other people find gross to eat, but not these four! I had a traumatizing experience with upo as a kid, so until now, I can’t stand the taste and texture of it. As for okra and ampalaya, I just don’t like how they taste. Same goes with pancit bihon. Weird, I know!
- I don’t know how to swim.
Well technically, I know. But, I just don’t know how to actually do it. Such a shame, I’m an aquarius and even live in Malabon, the flood capital of Metro Manila!
- I had my menarche when I was 9 years old.
TMI na ba masyado? Anyway, this is one reason why I want to marry and have kids before I reach 30. I think (and most of my family do too) I’ll also reach the menopausal period early.
- I’m frugal in most aspects, except with food.
I spend little on clothes, accessories and gadgets. A P500 top is actually already quite pricey for me. However, I always find myself splurging on food. My usual budget when I eat out is no less than P1,000.
- I used to dream of becoming a Japanese Pop Star.
So far-fetched, I know! I find that I sing better in Japanese than in English or Filipino.
- I want to learn Nihongo so badly!
I’m fluent in English and Filipino, and knows little Fukien and Mandarin Chinese. But since I believe I was a Japanese in my past life (love their food, culture and language), I really want to learn Nihongo.
Whew! That was long! I’ll try to keep the next part short.
Answering 11 Questions from Luna:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I originally started blogging back in 2004 when Friendster offered that service. I was just in grade 6 back then, and I only started a Friendster blog since most of my friends insisted that I do. They’d always ask me for tips on their love life. And even if I was in no way a love guru (I didn’t even have a boyfriend nor have ever been in a relationship that time!) I still obliged to the demand and made my very first blog which was in a Q&A format.
Then came blogspot. When I learned about its existence, I decided to make my very own blog. That was back in 2006. I’d just post about random and personal things. Actually, now that I think about it, I realized I’ve shared way too much information there! I stopped blogging in late 06 and just re-started when I reached college. I wanted to have a creative outlet where I can write, post photos, and show off some of my web designing skill.
2. Describe yourself in one sentence.
I’m a box filled with different colored M&Ms — I like a lot of things, do a lot of things and paint so many colors in my life, but I always make sure that deep inside I stay the sweet and positive me.
3. What drives you crazy?
Misunderstandings. I just hate the feeling of having unsolved, unclarified misunderstandings.
4. What inspires you?
The beauty in people, in my surroundings, in life. I get inspiration from everything God created.
5. Have you started your summer yet? If not, what are your plans?
Not yet, actually. I already have plans to go to the beach soon though. *crossing my fingers*
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I can’t remember the “most” so I’ll just share the most recent one. Someone I don’t know (or can’t seem to recall) called me by name and said hi to me. I also greeted this person, but it was obvious that I was panicky. I wanted to engage in a proper conversation, but I really can’t remember the person’s name or when and how we met! It also didn’t help that I can’t make myself ask for the person’s name. I thought it might come off as rude.
7. Who is your most favorite person?
I don’t have just one. I have four: my mom, dad, little sister, and my boyfriend.
8. Do you cook? If not, which food do you never get tired of (even if you eat it everyday for the rest of your life)?
Sushi, pasta and oatmeal. And yes, I cook.
9. Sunrise or sunset? Why?
Sunrise. There’s something so beautiful and inspiring about the sunrise. It makes me feel thankful for another day, for another start. I also don’t often see the sunrise, so it’s something I deem special.
10. Beach, forest or pool? Why?
Beach, no doubt! Even if I don’t know how to swim, I’ve always been fascinated with beaches. I just love how relaxing and picturesque the sand, waters, waves and sun look altogether.
11. What is your ultimate goal in life?
To reach the age of 65, and tell myself that I’ve lived a happy life.
Now, it’s finally time to nominate 11 wonderful bloggers that never fail to bring sunshine to the blogging community!
- Mommy Jane of Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice
- Berylle of It’s Beryllicious
- Rae of Scatterbraintures
- Kath of Dear Kitty Kittie Kath
- Achie Kathy of Life is Kulayful
- Hana of Doll Hana
- Sam of Dishy Sammy
- Gellie of So Gelleesh
- Czjai of The Rebel Sweetheart
- Michy of i am a dekaphobic
- YOU!!! Yes, you! So do accept this award and let me know if you’ve posted your answers.
My 11 Questions for You:
- When and why did you start blogging?
- Aside from blogging, what are your other interests and hobbies?
- Do you have any pet peeves? If you do, what are they?
- What’s that one thing you’d want to do for the rest of your life?
- Everyone has a special gift. What’s yours?
- If you could be another person for one day, who would you be and why?
- What’s your most favorite food?
- What are the three things you can’t leave the house without?
- Where would you live if you could take all your family and friends with you?
- Describe your ideal date.
- What’s the one tip you can give to other bloggers?
So there you have it! Thanks again Luna for giving me this award. I enjoyed making this post, so I hope you enjoyed reading it too. Anyway, feel free to do this tag. I can’t wait to read YOUR answers!